Alloy 330 (UNS N08330)
Alloy 330 (UNS N08330) is an austenitic nickel-iron-chromium alloy developed to provide excellent resistance to carburizing and oxidizing atmospheres at elevated temperatures. With a nickel content of 34 to 37 percent, the alloy remains highly resistant to both chloride stress corrosion cracking and embrittlement from the precipitation of sigma phase. The alloy is used extensively in elevated temperatures where resistance to the combined effects of thermal cycling and carburization is required.
Wire, Bar, Strip, Sheet, Plate, Tube, Pipe, Pipe Fittings, Forgings
Typical Physical & Mechanical Properties (RT, Solution Annealed)
|Density, g/cm3||Melting Point, ℃||Tensile Strength, MPa||Yield Strength, MPa||Elongation,%|
|Rod, Bar, Wire, Forgings||ASTM B511, ASME SB511, ASTM B512, ASME SB512, AMS 5716|
|Plate, Sheet, Strip||ASTM B536, ASME SB536|
|Pipe, Tube||ASTM B535, ASTM B546, ASTM B710, ASTM B739, ASTM B829, ASME SB535, ASME SB546, ASME SB739, ASME SB829|
|Others||ASTM B366, ASME SB366(Fittings)|
- Alloy 330 provides a high level of corrosion resistance, particularly to oxidation, carburization, and nitridation. In aqueous environments the chromium content of 330 provides resistance to oxidizing conditions, while the nickel content enhances resistance to reducing conditions. The alloy’s high nickel content also makes it highly resistant to chloride stress corrosion cracking and sigma phase embrittlement.
- Alloy 330 has good oxidation resistance and resists scale formation up to about 2000°F (1095°C). Any scale which is formed is tightly adherent, particularly under cyclic conditions of heating and cooling.
- The alloy’s 35 percent nickel content and silicon addition contribute greatly to its excellent resistance to carburization. In alternating carburizing and oxidizing atmospheres, Alloy 330 exhibits excellent resistance to the ‘green rot’ phenomenon.
- Alloy 330 exhibits good resistance to nitrogen-containing atmospheres where the oxygen content is low. It is used extensively in components handling cracked ammonia.
- Chemical and Petrochemical Processing
- Cracked ammonia components
- Petrochemical furnace parts
- Petrochemical waste remediation units
- Heat exchangers
- Ore Processing
- Perlite systems and equipment
- Power Generation
- Boiler fixtures
- Gas turbine components
- Thermal Processing
- Heat-treat furnace containers
- Heat-treat furnace components
- High temperature fans
- Salt pots